Thursday, January 17, 2013

About This Blog



            Welcome to dadswatch.blogspot.com. I hope you enjoy this site and find useful information in its content. I further hope that some interesting and useful dialog can be created on these pages that add to the better understanding and appreciation of all timepieces. Some of the pieces you see here may be available on my commercial site, www.ourdadswatches.com.   That site will be selling vintage and modern watches, Watch accessories and other related products.

I have created this blog as a place to share information and opinions on timepieces that I have had the pleasure of learning about. Another goal of this site is to review Horological books and articles that I have read. I can promise that if I review a book, I have read it cover to cover and quite often crosschecked it against other information available. If I review a watch, I have either owned it or had ample time to go over it. I always hope for more input from readers here or on other venues.

            Although this site is primarily devoted to vintage men’s wrist watches I will also discuss some antique watches, pocket watches, modern watches and possibly some clocks. As watch enthusiasts, all of this subject matter is prudent information to us. In addition, I also intend to write about some of the watchmakers and watch companies and the influences they had or have on the industry.

            Understand that while facts are facts, opinions are subject to many factors. When I am stating my opinions on things, whether it is a watch, book or hot broad, it is still just my opinion and your opinion is yours. These opinions are shared to open dialog about a subject and not to bad mouth or libel any product.  Nor are they meant to cause feelings of ill will toward any poster or reader. Although I carry my own favoritism and prejudices for makers and brands, I will try not to let that interfere with an unbiased look at their products or of their accomplishments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment