Monday, June 17, 2013

Fantastic New Logo And Other Happenings



I’m back. Finally! If anyone was actually tuning in here, I’m sorry about the long delay. I’ve been working on my website. As I got more involved in the process, I decided to change the scope of the site. Originally, I envisioned creating a sales page on the site – I still do plan on spotlighting different watches, but those I plan to do in detail.

At any rate, I’ll detail the exact plans for the site in an upcoming blog post. For today, I wanted to show off my amazing Logo.

I hired JeanWogaman to create the image, and I couldn’t be happier with the work!  She captured exactly what I wanted, walked me through changes to the original design and, besides the obvious – she’s an amazing artist and illustrator – she was also pleasant, professional, and an absolute gem to work with.  If you’re looking for artwork for your business, I can’t recommend her highly enough.  She’s phenomenal.

I’ve had the image in my head pretty much since I came up with the business name. I wanted the child sitting on his father’s knee, listening to the movement of his dad’s watch. I really wanted the image to capture the child’s expression – wonder and excitement.  I think she really nailed it.

Thanks so much, Jean! Truly phenomenal!

I’ll be going back to my regular schedule of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday blogs.  Look for more information on the website changes coming soon, or go check out the website.  It’s linked in the sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Augie!

    This was a very meaningful project for me too. I used my own dad's shoes and watch as visual references, and did a lot of reflecting on my relationship with my dad while I was drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thank you, Jean! I appreciate the linking back to my blog and I really enjoyed reading about your process in creating the artwork - but more than that, you really nailed it! I can't tell you how pleased I am with the work.

    Fantastic job. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete